Healthy boy never had cavities and now has cavities even though his diet is better.
Question: I have an 8 year old boy. He was an emergency caesarian and was always quite healthy. He had no wheat till he was two and no sugar until almost 3. When he was around 3 we were abroad and he got the flu, conjunctivitis and an infection. I tried herbs and some other stuff but he did not respond and since I was traveling and felt vulnerable, I gave him antibiotics. Over the next few years, he started to crave more carbs having always been a good protein, fat, and veggie eater before.
He seemed to be
getting sick a lot despite eating quite a WAP diet and he was having
cold sores almost every week and had dark circles under his eyes. He
had had undigested stools most of his life so I put him on GAPS for
the first half of 2010. We did not have cod liver oil or butter oil as
he could not stomach them but he did eat sauerkraut twice every day
and he had homemade yogurt. He had not have a cavity in 3 years
(before we went WAP) and last month we went to the dentist and he said that his teeth seemed soft and that his mouth seemed acidic - that some people's mouths produce plaque and some people's mouths do not but are more acidic and their teeth are more prone to decay. I am shocked and concerned and not sure what is going on, why this has
happened, or what to do about it. Is it from too much kraut, too many nut butters, something else? His overall health is much improved from the diet but I was shocked about his teeth.
Answer: You said your son has had undigested stools most of his life. And although he is overall a healthy boy, he has some imbalances. You point towards these imbalances as chronic infections that do not seem to have a cause. You believe that these infections are significantly connected to his gut health. This may be the case. Children born cesarean, and exposed to antibiotics may have imbalances in their gut flora. Furthermore there is a significant problem of sensitivity to foods so he won't even eat high vitamin butter oil which would be a good idea.
- Avoid nut butters and nut flours.
- Carbs are necessary so craving carbs is not necessarily a sign of an imbalance.
- Avoid all sugar and sweets, even natural ones.
- If he won't eat butter oil or cod liver oil give him oily fish, dug eggs, and beef fat for vitamin D, and liver for vitamin A. Fat-soluble vitamins are a must.
- Make sure he has adequate calcium. Lots and lots of leafy green vegetables, and or plenty of yogurt.
- I think sauerkraut and yogurt should be fine, and perhaps even vital. But since he has a strange symptom of over acidity, try removing the sauerkraut and sticking with yogurt and I would recommend kefir as well.
- In the GAPS perspective it is the imbalance gut flora causing disease. I think your son definately has a yeast / candida type of issue. But these generally stem from damage to other organs like the liver, spleen and pancreas. These can be healed with excellent herbs. Also I would encourage body work like osteopathy or chiropractic work and some emotional type of therapies.
- Acidic teeth or mouth is a sign of a significant imbalance. This case needs further support from an excellent herbalist. Such as Chinese medicine, ayurvedic medicine, or Tibetan medicine. Some western health practioners may be of benifit as well.
I had several very painful cavities postpartum (after having twins) that kept me up all night in pain and made it so I could barely eat... After following the advice in this book accruately my tooth pain subsided within 24 hours and no longer hurt at all, my teeth also look nicer and my gums no longer bleed and are a nice pink color. -J. Steuernol, Canada
"The practical advice in this book really seems to be reversing my tooth decay!!! Hallelujah brother!!! The dentist wanted me to have two major root canals immediately and two other teeth filled. When I asked him if there was anything I could do with nutrition or supplements to get mu teeth to heal, he said "maybe you could slow the decay down a little bit" but that essentially the answer was no.
That dental visit was three mobnths ago and my teeth have stopped aching all together, are way less temperature sensitive, and feel generally stronger.
Most of us have been totally disempowered regarding the health of our teeth. This information has changed that for me. I bought the book for $28 anyway though. What a bargain, The dental work was going to cost well over $4000.00 no wonder dentists don't seem open to this stuff working! Talk about a biased perspective!!!
Think I'm excited, you will be too if you use this info to take tooth health into your own hands!"
Very satisfied, Mike - Ashland, OR
"Not only is Cure Tooth Decay a practical guide to teach parents how to raise healthy children (with healthy teeth), it is also a helpfull tool for adults who have suffered with poor dental health and/or chronic disease. I would also highly recommend this book to people who are looking for things they can do to protect their bones, and their overall health, as they age. In other words, this book is a must read for everyone interested in improving their health." Pam Killeen New York Times nestselling Author
"Ramiel, You (along with Weston Price) saved my teeth. Was supposed to get a root canal (which I had no money to pay for). Tooth was in pain. After three weeks on the diet I can feel a big difference, tooth doesn't hurt now and feels like it's healing. Thanks so much. Unbelievable!" - Leroy, Utah
My cavity has gotten smaller! Once you are set free from being a slave to modern foods of commerce author continues to explain how the ancient people ate. They were healthy, strong and good looking. They had no cavities. They had no illness until familiar western culture came to visit them. If you are reading this review I am sure you understnad something is not right in the world. That we are born to live under a certain hypnosis. That we are taught to give away our responsibility to "people with authority", and those people cannot even take care of themselves. I recommend this book if you want the way out."Ranko, Croatia