Fluoride is Poison
The chemicals - fluorosilicic acid, sodium silicofluoride, and sodium fluoride - used to fluoridate drinking water are industrial waste products from the phosphate fertilizer industry.
A large study was conducted in New Zealand. There, the New Zealand National Health Service plan examined the teeth of every child in key age groups, and found that the teeth of children in non-fluoridated cities were slightly better than those in the fluoridated cities. (Colquhoun, J. "Child Dental Health Differences in New Zealand", Community Healthy Services, XI 85-90, 1987).
In 1995, neurotoxicologist and former Director of Toxicology at Forsyth Dental Center in Boston, Dr. Phyllis Mullenix, published research showing that fluoride built up in the brains of animals when exposed to moderate levels. Damage to the brain occurred and the behavior patterns of the animals were adversely effected. Offspring of pregnant animals receiving relatively low doses of fluoride showed permanent effects to the brain which were seen as hyperactivity (ADD-like symptoms). Young animals and adult animals given fluoride experienced the opposite effect -- hypoactivity or sluggishness. The toxic effects of fluoride on the central nervous system was subsequently confirmed by previously classified government research. Two new epidemiological studies which tend to confirm fluoride's neurotoxic effects on the brain have shown that children exposed to higher levels of fluoride have lower IQs.
Fluoridation is UNSAFE because
1) It accumulates in our bones and makes them more brittle and prone to fracture. The weight of evidence from animal studies, clinical studies and epidemiological studies on this is overwhelming. Lifetime exposure to fluoride will contribute to higher rates of hip fracture in the elderly.
2) It accumulates in our pineal gland, possibly lowering the production of melatonin, a very important regulatory hormone (Luke, 1997, 2001).
3) It damages the enamel (dental fluorosis) of a high percentage of children. Between 30 and 50% of children have dental fluorosis on at least two teeth in optimally fluoridated communities (Heller et al, 1997 and McDonagh et al, 2000).
4) There are serious, but as yet unproven, concerns about a connection between fluoridation and osteosarcoma in young men (Cohn, 1992), as well as fluoridation and the current epidemics of both arthritis and hypothyroidism.
5) In animal studies fluoride at 1 ppm in drinking water increases the uptake of aluminum into the brain (Varner et al, 1998).
6) Counties with 3 ppm or more of fluoride in their water have lower fertility rates (Freni, 1994).
7) In human studies the fluoridating agents most commonly used in the US not only increase the uptake of lead into children's blood (Masters and Coplan, 1999, 2000) but are also associated with an increase in violent behavior.
8) The margin of safety between the so-called therapeutic benefit of reducing dental decay and many of these end points is either nonexistent or precariously low.
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, and Switzerland do not fluoridate their water.
Fluoride Kills Healthy Enzymes
Did you know that there is an enzyme in saliva that remineralizes soft spots in teeth using calcium in food?
This enzyme is killed by fluoride and it cannot work even in the absence of fluoride if the teeth are covered by glycerin, a major component of toothpaste.
Note that the fluoride and clorine in water and the bromine in food aggravate an existing widespread iodine deficiency in the U.S.
However, after decades of water fluoridation, virtually all Americans consume fluoridated food and/or water. Yet, 'dental spending outpaces economic growth, continuing a trend,' reports the American Dental Association.(11)
New York State is 70% fluoridated but two very populous counties, Nassau and Suffolk (Long Island) are totally fluoridation free. In New York State 18.3%, lost 6 or more teeth due to decay or gum disease(13a) while only 16.2% of Long Islanders did.(13b)
New York City is 100% fluoridated, yet 20.9% of Brooklyn(14a) and 19.9% of Queens(14b) residents lost six or more teeth, more than non-fluoridated Long Island and partially fluoridated New York State.
Past news releases show that New York City poor children have more tooth decay than the national average.(15a,b)
Actually, dental crises appear in many fluoridated cities. (See: Cavity Crises In Fluoridated Cities http://www.orgsites.com/ny/nyscof2/_pgg5.php3)
Fluoride Doesn't Stop Cavities
"George W. Heard, D.D.S.
March 15, 1954
Mr. Roby C. Day
112 Lewis St.
San Diego, Calif.
Dear Mr. Day,
Hereford, Texas has been called the town without a toothache. This is not true. But the phrase has been used effectively by the people interested in marketing "sodium fluoride" all over the country.
I have practiced dentistry here for years. The native population of Hereford and Deaf Smith County have remarkably good teeth. The incidence of caries or tooth decay was very low. I finally succeeded in getting some members of the dental profession to come to Hereford to find the cause of the exellent dental health of our people.
After considerable research, it was suggested that the relatively high content of natural fluorine in our water supply was responsible. I accepted this conclusion for a time. The people who had great quantities of sodium fluoride and sodium silico fluoride as by-products of the aluminum and fertilizer industries decided that when these by-products were added to city water supplies, they would produce the same type of dental health which existed here with the natural fluorine. They widely publicized "the town without a toothache." They are, I believe, still doing it.
As the years went by I continued to study the local situation. I observed that, as the town grew and more people began to live on processed foods, such as canned goods, white flour products, soft drinks, etc., tooth decay increased. This increase of decay occurred even though they were drinking the same fluorinated water we had always been drinking. I am now fully convinced that good natural food is the preventive of dental caries as well as other diseases.
I believe that fluorine does in a mild way retard caries, but I also believe that the damage it does is far greater than any good it may appear to accomplish. It even makes the teeth so brittle and crumbly they can be treated only with difficulty, if at all.
The dental investigators who came to our County some fifteen years ago did, in my opinion, make a serious mistake when they gave to fluorine the credit for our good teeth, and overlooked the quality of food grown in our rich, well mineralized soil. Every person I found who had no dental caries consumed much milk.
Why use a poison, when correct food will maintain our bodies free from diseases and tooth decay? It is hellish and un-American to put poison in city water supplies and force citizens to drink it.
I sincerely hope that at least some of your dentists are co-operating with you in getting the real truth about tooth decay over to your citizens.
If I can further assist you, please call on me.
George W. Heard "
Learn how to fight tooth decay and win, without risking yourself or your children to fluoride exposure.
Other people have learned the secrets to stopping cavities with the published book Cure Tooth Decay